- Finland celebrates Day of Failures every October 13th – started in 2010.
- Strange Sports: Wife Carrying World Championship, Mosquito Hunting, Mobile Phone Throwing, Rubber Boot Throwing, Air Guitar World Championship.
- Inventions: Internet Browser, Heart Rate Monitor, Linux OS, Ice Skates, Angry Birds, Molotov Cocktails and SMS.
- Finns drink 9.6 kgs of coffee per capita and have the highest consumption of milk– 1 quart per person every day.
- There are 187, 888 lakes and 179,584 islands in Finland.
- There are no payphones in Finland.
- There are 2.2 million saunas – 1 for every 2.5 people.
- Every year Finland increases in surface area by 7km because it is rebounding from weight of ice-age glaciers and rising out of the sea.
- The Saumi people have a unit of measurement: poronkusema– the distance a reindeer can walk before needing to urinate.