- 7 Beauties – Stocking crocheting competition for girls (???)
- Azerbaijan means the “Land of Fire” because of the first known construction of human fire is in the Azokh Cave – the earliest inhabited cave from 500,000 to 700,000 years ago.
- Oily Rock “Neft Dashlari” is the first and largest town on stilts
- Tea (served in pear shaped glasses) is the most popular drink
- Yanar Dag or Burning Mountain in Absheron Peninsula burns natural gas all year
- Novruz is the oldest holiday – it is similar to trick-or-treating.
- First Muslim country to have theaters, operas and plays.
- 40% of the country is covered by mountains.
- It has 8350 rivers and they all drain into the Caspian Sea.